Thursday, April 25, 2013

Final Summary/ Reaction

My survey work is pretty much complete. I am still hoping to get a few more in the next few days. I have found some interesting things from doing this survey. Many of my own relatives have experienced racism first hand. It was eye-opening to see some of the things that went on. I was also surprised to see the amount of discrimination within the Native American reservation itself. I asked about what type of reactions people got when others found out they were Native American and the reactions are pretty surprising. Many people quickly jumped to stereotypes of Native Americans. I was shocked to find out that every participant in the survey, experienced stereotyping. It seemed strange that people were so willing to voice their stereotypes directly to Native Americans. They did not seem to see any problem with that.
I was also surprised to see that so many of the people who took my survey had college degrees, because the average level of education of Native Americans is less than other races in America.

I'm looking forward to presenting my findings and sharing my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment